Monday, July 27, 2009

What a week!

Monday - I was one of four of the activity day leaders and we took 20 girls to Camp Kiesel. It's a boy scout camp that they offer the use of to the girls. They had a lot of fun learning to shoot bee bee guns, bow & arrows, canoeing, indian art, sling-shots, and doing a fun obstacle course etc. Savannah's favorite was the archery and canoeing. It was a really hot day so most of the girls wanted to jump in the water after they got out of the canoe. But, we said no. "aah, boring old leaders". These girls are really sweet and fun to be with.



Wednesday and Thursday - I took Savannah, Chelsea, and Meg to Lagoon for my parents Lagoon day. Cory's mom and two of his nephews also joined us on Wed. Thurs was bounce back so I took Savannah and Chelsea alone to do the big rides in the afternoon. They were both very brave and went on Wicked, Colossus, Wild mouse, Spider, and Rocket. They both said their favorite was wicked. In the evening I took Meg all by herself. We had an awesome time just "Mom and Meg". She said "I LOVE every ride at lagoon, can we live there?"




Friday - We started the day at 9:00 in the morning with Savannah and Chelsea being in the neighborhood pioneer parade. Activities and treats followed with Savannah and I helping with the booths for activity days. Later we went to my parents for Butlerville days. They have a parade/carnival in the afternoon and fireworks at night. All the kids had fun being with their cousins. Meg kept saying "boom pretty" during the fireworks and Aubrey was mesmerized and just stared at them.

Saturday - Our family went to the Ochre Mt. temple open house. It's a beautiful temple and we had a great experience.

Now, I need a really long nap....

3 comments:

  1. I love the update. I agree you need a long nap, sorry I took some of that nap time on sunday, but it was fun to talk with you. Looks like the family is having tons of fun this summer!! Tell those girls I say hi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a tiring week. That's what summer is all about!

    ReplyDelete